Wednesday 13 July 2011

#124 Study Technique

A very good day to all the Form Three students of SMK Semai Bakti. I am very grateful to our headmaster for giving me the honour of speaking to you today. I would like to share with you some study techniques that may be useful in your preparations for the PMR exam.

One of the methods of studying that I have found very effective is group study. It is always easier to understand our lessons when we revise them with our peers. It is sometimes easier for students to seek help from their school friends rather than to approach their teachers. There is also healthy competition as group members will not want to fall behind or take part in discussions unprepared.
Going through past-year exam questions helps as you will get the feel of the questioning patterns and test your preparedness for the exam.

Finally, plan your study schedule and manage your time wisely. Draw up a checklist of things that you need to accomplish before the exam and set deadlines for yourself . Be realistic about the objectives you set for yourself and make sure they are reasonable and achievable.

I hope that I have been of some assistance to you in preparing for the exam. Please feel free to talk to me if you need futher advice or clarification. I wish you all the best in your studies and the exam. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment